Rain World is a physics-based survival platformer set in a long-abandoned world, taken over by creatures both fascinating and fearsome. Bone-crushing intense rain pounds the surface regularly, making life as we know it almost impossible. The creatures in this world hibernate much of the time, but must spend the dry periods between rain finding food to last another day.
You are a lone nomadic slugcat, both predator and prey. Separated from your family, you are left alone with nothing but a strange yellow companion for guidance. Explore, find food to survive, and avoid the ever present threats from both the environment and the predators which lurk throughout this land.
Beautiful in its design but punishing in difficulty, Rain World features a wide variety of environments and inhabitants. Rain World's physics-based animations and deep AI bring an impressive sense of life to the world, and provide an interesting challenge as the player seeks to explore the world and unlock its secrets.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
- Singleplayer campaign with three difficulties, each featuring a unique playable character:
- The Monk (Easy Difficulty)
- The Survivor (Normal Difficulty)
- The Hunter (Hard Difficulty)
- Multiplayer arena for up to four local players with a progression system of unlocks found in Singleplayer and two game modes:
- Sandbox mode: Maximum customization of the arena experience, featuring detailed game settings and a map editing interface.
- Competitive mode: Quick setup of an arena game, allows for creation of a round playlist with short transitions between game rounds.